“Am I beautiful?”, “Do I look hot?”, “Am I fat”, “Am I too skinny” are the questions that hit the mirrors in our houses. If you are stressed out about your looks and want to look like your favourite movie star, let me give you 4 “steps” to transform your looks:-
Step 1:- Wake up at 6 am everyday and work out for 90 mins. Somedays, working out in the evenings helps. If you don’t workout, punish yourself by burning half your salary on a barbeque stove.
Step 2:- Hire a nutritionist to decide on your diet and to check your health from time to time. Hire 2 to 3 cooks to make special meals for your throughout the day(six meals a day). If you don’t have the money to hire a nutritionist and 3 cooks, then apply for a loan or rob a bank.
Step 3:- Hire 2 to 3 beauticians who will work on your beauty everyday and will also immerse you in makeup products for 90 mins before you leave your house. Again, if you can’t pay for them, you need a rob a millionaire’s house because you have already robbed a bank and you are on the “Bank robbers” wanted list.
Step 4:- Buy a photo editing software and learn photo editing. Ask your favourite movie star, when all the concealers don’t go well, photoshop saves day. Okay here we go again. If you don’t have the money for the software and the course, then sell a necklace your parents gifted you.
Sounds impossible huh? The game of beauty is so complicated that doesn’t matter what you do, you can’t win. Do you know something? Even the movie stars you see on screen are criticized for their looks-“You are too chubby”, “You look skinny”, “Your breast is too big”, “You are flat-chested”, “You are very very short”, “You are taller than every hero in the industry”. The beauty system, the fashion system is so broken that no matter how flawless you project yourself to be, people will find flaws with you.
Bollywood star Sonam Kapoor has something to tell you-“So, for every teen girl leaning into her bedroom mirror, wondering why she doesn’t look like a celebrity: Please know that nobody wakes up like this. Not me. Not any other actress. (Not even Beyoncé. I swear)…I’ve said it before, and I will keep saying it: It takes an army, a lot of money, and an incredible amount of time to make a female celebrity look the way she does when you see her. It isn’t realistic, and it isn’t anything to aspire to”.
The beauty you see on movie screens, tv shows and billboards is not real, it’s just a make-up version of the real. You can’t desire to fight like the heroes in our movies, that’s like desiring to drive a spaceship to work. That’s insane in every way. Same with beauty, don’t desire for something outside reality. If you try to measure yourself up to the standards of the movie industry, you may succeed according to the ratings of those around you but you will always feel that you are falling short, you will always find fault with yourself. It’s a never ending rabbit hole. Don’t be fooled, pat yourself into reality. Here are a few real-life tips:-
- Love yourself no matter what. Be kind to yourself. Speak positivity over yourself. Appreciate your face and embrace your body. It’s okay to be fair and dark, short and tall, skinny and chubby, big-chested and flat-chested. Love yourself. You have been made in the image of God, you are one of God’s masterpiece.
- Work out everyday, not to look like a movie star but to keep yourself healthy. The right motivation changes the game. Hitting the gym will not just bless you physically, it will also bless you mentally.
- Eat healthy to be healthy. It’s okay to have fun with food once a while but not everyday. Google is your nutritionist, find a good diet plan and follow it.
- The sun, the dust and everything that’s not nice plays rough on your skin. Again ask google for homemade preparations and natural products to care for your skin.
- Everyday, look at your mirror and tell yourself-“You are beautiful, You are pretty”.
- Ignore the standards of the movie industry and the fashion industry. Ignore even the standards of your friends and family. You are your standard, measure yourself with yourself. Take good care of your face, hair and body.
- Relax, doesn’t matter how your face or hair or body looks, it’s enough. Be happy. be confident.
- Above all, work on being beautiful on the inside. Work on having a kind and sacrificial heart. Inner beauty attracts and impressed God.
Hey, you are beautiful. Relax…
- How to Walk in the Supernatural Power of God- Guillermo Maldonado
- Stan Lee is dead, the World of Superheroes is not